As our building has aged over the past 25 years, we have patched and mended our roof with temporary fixes to fight leaks off and on as much as possible. However, it’s now evident that it is beyond repair and time for a full replacement. We have begun the process for collecting bids and making plans for the next steps in this major project.
On September 11, 2022, David Todd shared the following update on the roof project.
Current Project Funds Raised:
Phase 2 Goal: $100,000
Received to Date $102,909.71
*Please note: This report reflects giving through 11.20.2023.
Phase 1 Goal: $100,000
Received to Date: $144,343.55
Remaining $0 (We have exceeded Phase 1 goal by $44,343.55)
*Please note: This report reflects giving through 08.22.2022.
On Sunday, March 27, Marty Kollmeyer shared the following update from the Finance Committee:
As a recap, here are the highlights:
Budget Overview & Proposed Project Timing
- Expected Cost: Approximately $500,000
- Good News! Approximately $250,000 available from existing Capital Funds and Balances
- The Current Ask: Special Fundraising
- $100,000 “Now” - by August 31, 2022
- $100,000 “Later” - by March 2023
- Meeting these targets hopefully means No Mortgage on Building
- *Please make these contributions above your normal giving to budget
- Design/Bids: April & May, Team led by David Todd
- Construction Timeline: Begin Summer 2022
- Approx. 2 months
How to Designate Special Gifts
By Check (Mail or drop in an offering box at GMR)
Write “ROOF” on the memo line
Mail to: Grace Mills River
495 Cardinal Road
Mills River, NC 28759
Text the amount you wish to donate to 828.548.1786
Follow the prompts and note: “ROOF”
Would you please pray as you consider what you give towards this project to meet our current needs and help to literally build for future generations of GMR?
Marty Kollmeyer, Finance Committee: