Welcome! It is our desire to partner with and support families showing each child how to love God's world, be in God's family, and live in the joy of God's gospel. We do this by viewing our children in the context of the local body of Christ -- understanding that our children are not “the future church,” but a critical and unique part of our community right now.
Loving our children well means:
• We care for the spiritual and physical safety of our children, families, and volunteers
• Each relationship is a foundation of Gospel discipleship
• Loving and supporting parents means equipping them to be the spiritual leaders of their families
Grace Mills River is a member of MinistrySafe and complies with their 5-part safety system to ensure a save environment for our youth and children.
Preschool and Elementary Classes
Sunday Morning Children’s Classes - Christen Stewart -
- Description: Children’s classes that partner with and support families showing each child how to love God’s world, be in God’s family, and live in the joy of God’s gospel.Children’s classes that partner with and support families showing each child how to love God’s world, be in God’s family, and live in the joy of God’s gospel.
- When: Sunday mornings from 10:30AM - end of worship service. *No children’s classes on holiday weekends and the 5th Sunday of each month. This allows our children to worship with the whole church family.
- Where: GMR Children’s Hallway & Education Building
- We currently have a babies/toddlers class, preschool class (ages 2-4) & three elementary classes (Kindergarten/1st grade, 2nd/3rd grade & 4th/5th grade).
- Check-in Sunday morning at the CM Welcome Area
Pre-registration for Children’s Ministry classes is not required, however there is cap on each of our classes. On Sunday morning when you check in at the Planning Center touch screens, if you are prompted with a “class is full” message, we ask that your children attend service so that we can safely stay within ratio. Our heart is to have a space for every child on Sunday morning. However, we need more volunteers to do so. Please contact Christen ( ) if you would like to serve.
We have an on-going need for adult volunteers in Children's ministry in order to keep all of our classes open. If you have a heart for children and serving with our Children's ministry team, please contact Christen at today!
Please note: Grace Mills River is a member of MinistrySafe and complies with their 5-part safety system to ensure a save environment for our youth and children. All volunteers must participate in this safety program before serving in Children or Youth ministries.
Food Donations for BackPack Program
*Please note! Immediate Needs right now for the Backpack Program are fruit cups (real fruit & applesauce), oatmeal, and snacks (crackers, chips, etc.).
The Backpack Program is designed for local schools to assist families who could use some extra help with food for their children on weekends. Food bags are sent home with anonymously with students each week thanks to the generosity of local churches and organizations. GMR donates non-perishable, light weight items to the Backpack Program at our surrounding elementary and middle schools. We will be collecting these through out the school year.
**Please check expiration dates! We do not accept donations of expired food.**
-Individually packaged snacks
-Mac and cheese bowls
Please do not donate large or heavy canned items as these items are for young, elementary-aged students.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with collection, organization, or food delivery, please contact Christen at
2023 Summer Art & Drama Camps Recap
Our Summer Art & Drama Camps were a blast last week! We're incredibly grateful for all of our young artists, actors, teachers and volunteers who created such beauty throughout the week. If you missed the Art Opening, the art will be on display for a few weeks this summer in the Gallery. Watch the videos below for lots of fun behind the scenes at their creative process.
Parents, follow us on Social Media!
Kids Discipleship Process
Many families in Children’s Ministry have questions regarding kids membership and communion. Take a look at the Kids Membership video below to see how we view these important aspects of the faith here at Grace Mills River.
Kid's Communicant Course
A course for rising 6th graders that walks through the basics of the christian faith, such as exploring who God is, what role the Holy Spirit plays in our faith, and what it means to be a member of your church. Watch the video below for more details.