Welcome! It is our desire to partner with and support families showing each child how to love God's world, be in God's family, and live in the joy of God's gospel. We do this by viewing our children in the context of the local body of Christ -- understanding that our children are not “the future church,” but a critical and unique part of our community right now.
Loving our children well means:
• We care for the spiritual and physical safety of our children, families, and volunteers
• Each relationship is a foundation of Gospel discipleship
• Loving and supporting parents means equipping them to be the spiritual leaders of their families
Grace Mills River is a member of MinistrySafe and complies with their 5-part safety system to ensure a save environment for our youth and children.
Preschool and Elementary Classes
Sunday Morning Children’s Classes - Christen Stewart -
- Description: Children’s classes that partner with and support families showing each child how to love God’s world, be in God’s family, and live in the joy of God’s gospel. We currently have an infant, preschool class (ages 2-4) & two elementary classes (K-3rd grade & 4th/5th grade). We will continue to add classes as additional volunteers become available.
- When: Sunday mornings from 10:30AM - end of worship service
- Where: GMR Children’s Hallway & Education Building
- Check-in Sunday morning at the CM Welcome Area
We are excited to offer an elementary (K-5) and preschool class (ages 2-4) during the 10:30am worship service. Registration for Children’s Ministry classes is no longer required. However, there is cap on each of our classes. On Sunday morning when you check in at the Planning Center touch screens, if you are prompted with a “class is full” message, we ask that your children attend service so that we can safely stay within ratio. Our heart is to have a space for every child on Sunday morning. However, we need more volunteers to do so. Please contact Christen ( ) if you would like to serve.
Please Note: At this time, masks are strongly recommend, but not required in the worship service and in all children and youth programs.
Food Donations for BackPack Program
The Backpack Program is designed for local schools to assist families who could use some extra help with food for their children on weekends. Food bags are sent home with anonymously with students each week thanks to the generosity of local churches and organizations. GMR donates non-perishable, light weight items to the Backpack Program at our surrounding elementary and middle schools. We will be collecting these through out the school year.
-Individually packaged snacks
-Mac and cheese bowls
Please do not donate large or heavy canned items as these items are for young, elementary-aged students.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with collection, organization, or food delivery, please contact Christen at
2021 Art & Drama Camp Highlights
We are so grateful to welcome so many aspiring artists to our 2021 Summer Art & Drama Camp this year! Watch the videos below see their amazing creations!
Parents, follow us on Social Media!
Kids Discipleship Process
Many families in Children’s Ministry have questions regarding kids membership and communion. Take a look at the Kids Membership video below to see how we view these important aspects of the faith here at Grace Mills River.
Kid's Communicant Course
A course for rising 6th graders that walks through the basics of the christian faith, such as exploring who God is, what role the Holy Spirit plays in our faith, and what it means to be a member of your church. Watch the video below for more details.