Watershed Youth: Grades 6-12
As our young people develop through their teenage years, we believe the freeing Gospel of Jesus, taught in the context of their own culture and extended through messy and caring relationships, has the power to shape each person as he or she begins to step into independence, decision making, and faith ownership. Instead of binding our young people through outward moral behavioral management, we believe the Gospel, as it roots in the heart, creates an environment for inward transformation.
* Grace Mills River is a member of MinistrySafe and complies with their 5-part safety system to ensure a safe environment for our youth and children.
CM & Youth Policy Change
In light of the recent increase in number of COVID cases, the Delta variant, and the beginning of a new school year, the GMR Leadership and Reintegration Team have modified the current COVID guidelines for Children and Youth Ministry.
ALL Children's Ministry volunteers and students in Kindergarten - 12th grade will be required to wear a mask on Sunday mornings in Children's Ministry & Watershed Youth classes. The safety of our kids, families, and volunteers is our main priority.
At this time, masks are strongly recommend, but not required in the regular worship service.
Join us for Bible Study on Sundays & Wednesdays
Watershed - Sunday Morning Youth Group - Greg Lieb -
- Description: Students (6th - 12th grade) are invited to join the youth group on Sunday morning to share a short talk on Jesus, games, and singing together in community.
- When: Sunday mornings from 9:00AM - 10:15AM
- Where: GMR Youth Room - Located upstairs
- Questions: Email Greg Lieb.
- Description: Join other youth (6th grade - 12th grade) for small group Bible study and discussions. It’s a great place to explore and grow in your faith.
- When: Tuesday or Wednesday nights from 5:30PM - 7:00PM
- Where: GMR Youth Room - Located upstairs or Various Homes
- Questions: Email Greg Lieb for details.
Kid's Communicant Course
Our communicants course is meant to be a tool for families with rising 6th graders looking to learn more about a personal relationship with Jesus and making a public profession of faith. Watch the video for more details.
Our 2019 Fall HS retreats were amazing! Thanks for all who were involved and helped invest in the lives of our youth!
Making memories on Our Retreats...
We pack a weekend full of food, games, swimming, swinging off ropes swings into Lake Lure, hearing the Word, singing, climbing towers, new friendships, and night game adventures. Check out the video highlights below! Watch for info about our Middle School and High School Retreats throughout the year!