Community & Body Life News
- Description: Join us for a fun evening at Stepp’s Hillcrest Orchard. The orchard will close at 6PM but remain open for GMR folks only til 8PM. GMR will provide wagon rides and apple donuts. You are welcome to pick apples, purchase items from their store and shoot apple cannons as well. Bring a picnic dinner to enjoy the beautiful setting and have apple donuts for dessert! We are looking forward to a fun evening for all!
- When: Sunday, October 1 from 4:00PM - 7:00PM
- Where: 170 Stepp Orchard Drive Hendersonville, NC 28792
- Questions: Email Allison Rickman.
- Register: via Google here https://forms.gle/qLCaza62PuvEry6z5
Sunday Lunch Gatherings - Gregg Stashenko - & Cindy Stashenko -
- Description: Are you hungry after worship on Sundays? Do you have trouble figuring out or agreeing on where to go or what to have? If so, let us make it easy on you, join Gregg & Cindy Stashenko at a local restaurant for some food & fellowship.
- When & Where:
- September 24 at Mills River Brewing
- October 22 at White Duck Taco - Hendersonville location
- October 29 at Firehouse Subs - Airport Road location
- November 19 at 12 Bones - Highway 25 location
- December 3 at Moe’s - Airport Road location
- Register: No registration needed. Just head over to the restaurant after the service.
- Description: If you are new to Grace or have been coming for a while - we would love to meet you! Every other month a few of our leaders will be waiting to welcome you, answer your questions and help you get connected at Grace. We will meet immediate following the service across from the Information Desk.
- When: The second Sunday of each month immediately following the service. *Keep an eye out in the weekly email update for any date changes. It may have to be moved from time to time based on other events and holidays.
- Where: Across from the Information Desk
- Questions: Email Allison Rickman.
- Register: No registration needed. Just drop by after the service.
Becoming Family - Membership Class - Allison Rickman -
- Description: Join us to learn more about Grace ministries, our distinctives, values, philosophy and vision. This is a great way to get to know us whether you want to find out more about GMR or are ready to become a member. *Required for membership.
- When: Sunday mornings, September 24, October 1 & 8 from 9:00AM to 10:00AM
- Where: GMR Education Building - Room 306
- Register: https://gracemillsriver.churchcenter.com/groups/membership/becoming-family-fall-2023
SAVE THE DATE - Christmas Movie Matinee - Craig Lotz -
- Description: Let’s get into the Christmas spirit! Join us for a Christmas movie matinee to kick off the holiday season. Wear your favorite Christmas PJs, bring a blanket and pillow and enjoy the show! We’ll watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000 version with Jim Carrey).
- When: Sunday, December 10 at 5PM
- Where: GMR Auditorium
- Questions: Email Craig Lotz.
- Registration: Watch the weekly email update for more details and registration.
Shepherding Ministry - Rick Hebert -
- Description: The Grace elders are committed to shepherding the members as encouraged in scripture. The purpose of the Shepherding Ministry is to help every member feel cared for, and encouraged to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Basic Structure: Each member is assigned to a Parish based on their home address. A Parish Shepherd, GMR elder, is assigned to each parish. The purpose is to help provide a personal connection with each member and leadership.
- Questions: Email Rick Hebert.
Ways to Serve the GMR Body
- Description: Our Diaconate has had several needs for meal preparation for our church families during times of illness, surgery, etc. We are in the process of building a group of folks that would like to help provide meals when needs arise. If you would like to help with meal preparation, please contact either Sheryl or Julie.
- Questions: Contact Sheryl Mathis - (828-243-5749) or Julie Ledford - (828-891-5332).