Women only Studies, Gatherings & Opportunities
Women’s Community Group - Angie Blackmar -
- Description: Join a group of women seeking to build community around honest, scripture-saturated discussions and prayer.
- When: 1st & 3rd Wednesdays @ 7pm starting September 7th
- Where: Angie Blackmar’s Home in Arden
- Register: GraceMillsRiver.churchcenter.com/groups/discipleship - email Angie for directions and questions
- Exodus (September 8 - November 3)
- Advent (November 11 - December 8)
- Ephesians & Lent (January 19 - April 27)
- Description: We are committed to meet casually together on Thursday mornings through the year to study God’s word, pray together, and encourage one another. It is never too late to join; women of all ages are welcome. Contact us with questions. We are working on providing childcare, but an RSVP is necessary to secure a spot.
- When: Thursdays from 9:30AM - 11AM
- Where: Education Building- Room 305
- Register: GraceMillsRiver.churchcenter.com/groups/discipleship
Ladies Bible Read - Elenore Beach -
- Description: Join a group of gospel-loving women who love to read through Scripture together. We meet together a couple of times a month to discuss the questions and insights we are gleaning from our readings. Currently, we read through portions of the old and new testaments and engage in laid back but profound discussion.
- When: 1st & 3rd Mondays from 10:30AM - 12PM
- Where: Online via Zoom
- Register: Email Elenore Beach.
Laura Story in Concert
- Description: Enjoy an evening with this humble and talented singer/songwriter, worship leader, Bible teacher and author.
- When: Friday, September 23 at 7PM
- Where: Arden Presbyterian Church
- Tickets: Available at ardenpres.org/laurastory
A Morning with Laura Story
- Description: Ladies! Join us for a special time as she shares her story of God’s grace and provision in the midst of difficult times.
- When: Saturday, September 24 at 9:30AM
- Where: Arden Presbyterian Church Chapel
- Registration: There is no cost for the event, but please sign up at ardenpres.org/laurastory.
- Description: Vanessa Hawkins, Director of Women’s Ministry at First Presbyterian Church, Augusta, will be sharing on the topic of “Strength and Courage for the Weary Woman”. Vanessa will use Joshua 1 to explore the themes of the centrality of the Word of God, the importance of rest, and the necessity to be strong and courageous. To find out more about her, follow her on Instagram & twitter @hawkinsclan5 or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- When: October 21 & 22
- Where: Ridge Haven Camp and Conference Center - Brevard, NC
- Note: This event is not organized or hosted by GMR. Contact Connie Buckner with questions. Register Online - https://HPWM2022FALLRETREAT.eventbrite.com.
Women’s Gathering at Mills River Brewery - Allison Rickman -
- Description: Want to get to know some other women who attend GMR?
Join the Women’s Leadership Team for an evening of fellowship at Mills River Brewery.
- When: Thursday, November 10 from 7PM - 8:30PM
- Where: Mills River Brewery - 336 Banner Farm Road, Mills River, NC 28759
SAVE THE DATE - Women of Grace : Carols & Cookies - Carrie Hoyle -
- Description: Ladies join us for an evening of singing carols, tasting Christmas cookies & fellowship. Bring your favorite Christmas cookie to share. Feel free to bring your daughters (Grade 2 & above) or invite ladies outside of Grace. This just might become an annual event. Let’s worship through carols during the Christmas season.
- When: Sunday, December 11 from 7PM - 8:30PM
- Where: Carrie Hoyle’s Home in Hendersonville
- RSVP: GraceMillsRiver.churchcenter.com/groups/discipleship - email Carrie for directions and questions
Let's Connect on Facebook!
Our Women of Grace Facebook Group is a great opportunity to informally connect with one another throughout the week.
This group was created for the women of Grace Mills River to share information with one another related to our congregational life. This is not a communication avenue to raise funds, promote business, or share complaints or concerns about a ministry or event. Posts of that nature will be deleted. Let’s encourage one another and develop our relationships using this tool. Posts should fit into one of the following categories:
1. Words of encouragement
2. Prayer requests
3. Women helping women
4. Advertise events
5. No posts that are for personal or business profit will be permitted.
Women's Leadership Team
The Women's Leadership Team of Grace Mills River exists to complement Session in connecting women of Grace as they grow in the gospel of grace.
The mission of our WLT consists of the following:
- To encourage women in the use of individual gifts for the church body.
- To bridge communication between women of the church, Session and Grace ministries.
- To be a resource for women as they seek out ministry, education and discipleship opportunities.
- To foster connections between all women of the church through education, fellowship and intergenerational relationships.
- To complement Session in serving the women of Grace Mills River.
We hold to the Grace values of being Biblical, Creative, Dependent, Honest, Hopeful, Generous, Grateful, and Interdependent.
Meet the Women's Leadership Team
Consulting WLT Member
Children's Ministry Director