We believe that what we do within each ministry should flow purposefully out of what we value and love:
"To LIVE: for God’s world, as God’s family, in the joy of God’s gospel."
WAYS TO CONNECT
- GraceMillsRiver.org (This has the most & most up to date information!)
Weekly Email Update
- Sign up for the weekly email update: GraceMillsRiver.org/connect/email-updates
Fill out a Connect Card
- A paper copy is available at the Information Desk.
- Fill out online: GraceMillsRiver.org/Contact
Follow us on Social Media
- Like us on Facebook: Grace Mills River, Grace Mills River Discipleship, Women of Grace, Watershed Youth, Grace Mills River Children’s Ministry
- Follow us on Instagram: @gracemillsriver, @watershedyouth, @gracemrkids
9:00 AM - Fellowship & Connection - Join us in the cafe for coffee to catch up with friends you haven’t seen over a busy week.
9:00 AM - 10:15AM - Youth Group - Greg Lieb -
- Youth (6th grade - 12th grade) meet upstairs for a time of fellowship & teaching.
9:00 AM - 9:40 AM - Encountering God’s Word Together - Ken Downer -
- See below under DISCIPLESHIP - Co-ed Studies for more details.
9:45 AM - 10:15 AM - Prayer Gathering - Dave Bokmiller -
- Join the prayer team to pray for the spiritual renewal of our world, nation,
community & church family.
10:30 AM - Worship Service
- Worship together through song, prayer & hearing God’s word.
10:30 AM - Children’s Classes - Christen Stewart -
- Children’s classes (infant - 5th grade) are offered teaching our kids about Jesus.
Ongoing Ministry Opportunities
*We appreciate everyone who participated in Spring discipleship groups. New groups will be starting again in the fall. The following groups are on-going. You may join them at any time.
WORSHIP & ARTS
Artist Meet & Greets - Molly Angel -
- Description: Join us for meet & greets with the artists featured in the gallery. This is a time to meet the artist(s), ask questions, learn more about their work and celebrate their creativity. Everyone is invited!
- When: Watch the email update for new exhibits throughout the year.
- Where: GMR Gallery
- Questions: Contact Molly Angel, Visual Arts Coordinator.
Greeter & Cafe Volunteers - Molly Angel -
- Do you enjoy welcoming folks and have the gift of hospitality? If so, serving as a greeter or in the cafe might be a good fit for you. We are in need of volunteers to welcome folks as they come in for worship, make and service coffee and clean up the cafe after the service is over. This ministry has a big impact on visitors and those considering Grace as their church. If you are interested in helping in this way, contact Molly Angel, Volunteer Coordinator.
Musicians - Andrew Kerhoulas -
- If you are a musician or vocalist and would like to use your gifts to lead the body in worship, contact Andrew Kerhoulas, Discipleship & Worship Pastor.
Co-Ed - Studies, Gatherings & Opportunities
Encountering God’s Word Together - Ken Downer -
- Description: Come join us as we dive into the scripture passage the sermon will be based on that day. No preparation is necessary. Sit and listen or join the discussion. This is a great way to grow closer to each other as we enjoy the scriptures together. We end our time together just before the prayer gathering which makes for a great Sunday morning!
- When: Sunday mornings from 9AM - 9:40AM
- Where: Education Building - Room 305
- Register: GraceMillsRiver.churchcenter.com/groups/discipleship
Renewal Nights - Andrew Kerhoulas -
- Description: Spiritual renewal and prayer have always gone hand in hand. We seek to host a monthly space to encounter the tangible presence of God through prayer and simple singing to partner with God in intercession for personal, corporate and cultural renewal. It is our desire that these prayer gatherings would serve to usher in the power and presence of God in our hearts, our church community, and where we live. We invite you to join us and to make this pursuit a part of your monthly rhythms.
- When: 2nd Wednesday of the month starting January 11 from 7:00PM - 8:15PM. (Other dates: February 8, March 8, April 12, May 10)
- Where: GMR Auditorium
- Register: No RSVP needed. Just show up.
Women Only - Studies, Gatherings & Opportunities
Women's Breakfast Dates
- Join us for breakfast at Cracker Barrel at 9:30am on the third Friday of each month beginning March 17. Invite your friends and meet us there! (Cracker Barrel, 344 Rockwood Rd, Arden, NC 28704)
- Questions? Contact Rebecca Parker at
Ladies Bible Read - Elenore Beach -
- Description: Join a group of gospel-loving women who love to read through Scripture together. We meet together the first and third Monday mornings of the month to discuss the questions and insights we are gleaning from our readings. Currently, we read through portions of the old and new testaments and engage in laid back but profound discussion.
- When: 1st & 3rd Mondays from 10:30AM - 12PM
- Where: Online via Zoom
- Register: Email Elenore Beach.
Men Only - Studies, Gatherings & Opportunities
Saturday Morning Breakfast Gathering - Dave Bokmiller -
- Description: The Men's Breakfast Group meets for a time of fellowship, Bible-based study, discussion & prayer.
- When: 1st & 3rd Saturdays of the month, 8AM - 9:30AM *watch the website for any schedule changes
- Where: GMR Cafe
- Questions: Email Dave Bokmiller.
Wednesday Night Bible Study - Jim Pearce -
- Description: A book study and a time for fellowship and mutual encouragement.
- When: Wednesday evenings at 6:15pm to eat together, or join us at 7pm for our study.
- Where: GMR - Education Building - Room 304
- Questions: Email Jim Pearce.
See more upcoming Men's Events here
Sunday Morning Prayer Gathering - Dave Bokmiller -
- Description: Everyone is invited to join the prayer team to pray for our world, nation, community, church and one another. Each week prayer requests from the church family are shared and prayed for. You may come to be prayed over as well.
- When: Sunday mornings from 9:45AM - 10:15AM
- Where: GMR - Education Building - Room 304
- Questions: Email Dave Bokmiller to receive the prayer list.
Watershed - Sunday Morning Youth Group - Greg Lieb -
- Description: Students (6th - 12th grade) are invited to join the youth group on Sunday morning to share a short talk on Jesus, games, and singing together in community.
- When: Sunday mornings from 9AM - 10:15AM
- Where: GMR Youth Room - Located upstairs
- Questions: Email Greg Lieb for details.
Sunday Morning Children’s Classes - Christen Stewart -
- Description: Children’s classes that partner with and support families showing each child how to love God’s world, be in God’s family, and live in the joy of God’s gospel.
- When: Sunday mornings from 10:30AM - end of worship service
- Where: GMR Children’s Hallway & Education Building
- We currently have an infant, preschool class (ages 2-4) & three elementary classes (Kindergarten, 1st-3rd grade & 4th/5th grade).
- Check-in Sunday morning at the CM Welcome Area
Widows Group - Fran Li - or 239.248.2477
- Description: Join others that have lost spouses for a time of sharing, fellowship and relationship.
- When: Once a month, usually on the 3rd Friday at 2:30PM
- Where: Second Act, Hendersonville
- Questions: Email Fran Li to confirm day, time & location.
Our Journey of Hope - Kathie Sorenson -
- Description: Do you know someone who is battling cancer- a neighbor, friend or loved one? Our Journey of Hope is a biblically-based cancer care ministry open to anyone who is ready to make a difference in the lives of those affected by cancer. We want to bring practical support and the hope of Christ to every person in our congregation and community affected by this illness.
- Questions: Contact Kathie Sorenson to register for the Our Journey of Hope training that will equip and commission you for this special outreach. Materials are provided free of charge. This ministry supports those diagnosed with cancer, those that know someone diagnosed or those caring for someone with cancer.
GMR Local Partnerships
*Listed below are organizations that support our local community in various ways. We support their work financially and through volunteerism. If you are looking for a place to serve, we would recommend you connect with one of these organizations or the GMR member listed below.
- Black Mountain Home for Children - www.blackmountainhome.org
- Paul Shogren -
- Least of These - www.leastoftheseasheville.com
- Liz Loop -
- Interfaith Assistance Ministry - www.iamhendersoncounty.org
- The Storehouse - www.storehouseonline.org
- Asheville / Buncombe County Christian Ministries - www.abccm.org
- Young Life of Henderson County - www.hendersoncountync.younglife.org
- Council on Aging of Henderson County / Meals on Wheels - www.coahc.org
- Kairos - www.kairosprisonministry.org
- Jeff Leider -
- Homeward Bound - www.homewardboundwnc.org
- Safelight - www.safelightfamily.org
Backpack Program - Christen Stewart -
- Description: Consider donating non-perishable, lightweight, child friendly items to the Feed the Need program. We will be collecting these throughout the school year to help supplement food for local families in need.
- Suggested Food Items: ramen noodles, fruit cups, individually packaged snacks, mac and cheese bowls, oatmeal, granola bars, Chef Boyardee cups, cereal and poptarts.
- Where: collection bins are located on the CM hallway
- Questions: If you are interested in volunteering to help with collection, organization, or food delivery, please contact Christen Stewart.
GMR Global Missionaries
*Please pray for our Global Missionaries as they serve & share the gospel throughout the world. You can learn more about them and their work on the Grace website - https://www.gracemillsriver.org/ministries/global-missions/grace-missionaries/.
- Scott Rayl - Nigeria
- Josiah & Barbara Bancroft - Global
- Joel & Cindy Hylton - Global
- Ann Kieser - Uganda
- Edward & Christine Isingoma - Uganda
- Chip & Meredith Jones - Chile
- Gary & Ashley Helms - London
- Yobani Alas - Honduras
- Knickers for New Life - Uganda
- Colin Thornley - Global
COMMUNITY & BODY LIFE
Becoming Family - Membership Class - Allison Rickman -
- Description: Join us to learn more about Grace ministries, our distinctives, values, philosophy and vision. This is a great way to get to know us whether you want to find out more about GMR or are ready to become a member. *Required for membership.
- When: The next 3-week class to explore membership will be held this Fall. Specific dates will be announced later this Summer.
- Where: GMR Education Building - Room 306
- Register: GraceMillsRiver.churchcenter.com/registrations
Shepherding Ministry - Rick Hebert -
- Description: The Grace elders are committed to shepherding the members as encouraged in scripture. The purpose of the Shepherding Ministry is to help every member feel cared for, and encouraged to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Basic Structure: Each member is assigned to a Parish based on their home address. A Parish Shepherd, GMR elder, is assigned to each parish. Each member is also a part of a smaller group of members called a flock. Each parish is made up of multiple flocks. Each flock has a Flock Advocate, a leader or lay member who is trained to provide a personal connection with each member of their flock.
- Questions: Email Rick Hebert.
Ways to Serve the GMR Body
Meal Train - Sheryl Mathis - or Julie Ledford -
- Description: Our deacons have had several needs for meal preparation for our church families during times of illness, surgery, etc. We are in the process of building a group of folks that would like to help provide meals when needs arise. If you would like to help with meal preparation, please contact either Sheryl or Julie.
- Questions: Contact Sheryl Mathis - (828-243-5749) or Julie Ledford - (828-891-5332).